Terms and conditions
3. Marcado enables transactions between participant shops/merchants and buyers, dealing in product and services (“platform services”). The buyers (“buyer/s”) can choose and place orders (“orders”) from variety of products listed and offered for sale by various neighborhood merchants including but not limited to the restaurants and eateries (“merchant/s”), on the platform and Marcado enables delivery of such orders at select localities of serviceable cities across India (“delivery services”). The platform services and delivery services are collectively referred to as “services.”
4. Marcado does not make any representation or warranty as to the item-specifics (such as legal title, creditworthiness, identity, etc.) Of any of the merchants. You are advised to independently verify the bona fides of any particular merchant that you choose to deal with on the platform and use your best judgment in that behalf. All merchant offers and third party offers are subject to respective party terms and conditions. Marcado takes no responsibility for such offers.
5. Marcado neither make any representation or warranty as to specifics (such as quality, value, salability, etc.) Of the products or services proposed to be sold or offered to be sold or purchased on the platform nor does implicitly or explicitly support or endorse the sale or purchase of any products or services on the platform. Marcado accepts no liability for any errors or omissions, whether on behalf of itself or third parties.
6. Marcado is not responsible for any non-performance or breach of any contract entered into between buyers and merchants on the platform. Marcado cannot and does not guarantee that the concerned buyers and merchants will perform any transaction concluded on the platform. Marcado is not responsible for unsatisfactory or non-performance of services or damages or delays as a result of products: out of stock, unavailable or back ordered.
is operating an online marketplace and assumes the role of facilitator, and
does not at any point of time during any transaction between buyer and merchant
on the platform come into or take possession of any of the products or services
offered by merchant. At no time shall Marcado hold any right, title, or
interest over the products nor shall Marcado have any obligations or
liabilities in respect of such contract entered into between buyer and
Please note that there could be risks in dealing with underage persons or people acting under false pretence.
- use of the website and apps (android and ios)
you agree, undertake and confirm that the following binding principles shall strictly govern your use of platform all not host, display, upload, download, modify, publish, transmit, update or share any information which:
9. Belongs to another person and which you do not have any right to.
10. Is misleading or misrepresentative in any way.
11. Is patently offensive to the online community, such as sexually explicit content, or content that promotes obscenity, pedophilia, racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual.
12. Harasses or advocates harassment of another person.
13. Involves the transmission of “junk mail,” “chain letters,” or unsolicited mass mailing or “spamming.”
14. Promotes illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory, or libelous.
15. Provides material that exploits people in a sexual, violent, or otherwise inappropriate manner or solicits personal information from anyone.
16. Provides instructional information about illegal activities such as making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone’s privacy, or providing or creating computer viruses.
17. Contains video, photographs, or images of another person (with a minor or an adult).
18. Tries to gain unauthorized access or exceeds the scope of authorized access to the platform or to profiles, blogs, communities, account information, bulletins, friend request, or other areas of the platform or solicits passwords or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other users.
19. Infringes any patent, trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights or third party’s trade secrets or rights of publicity or privacy or shall not be fraudulent or involve the sale of counterfeit or stolen products.
20. Violates any law for the time being in force.
21. Deceives or misleads the addressee/users about the origin of such messages or communicates any information which is grossly offensive or menacing in nature.
22. Impersonate another person.
23. Contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer resource; or contains any Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancel bots, Easter eggs or other computer programming routines that may damage, detrimentally interfere with, diminish value of, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information.
24. Threatens the unity, integrity, defense, security, or sovereignty of India, friendly relations with foreign states, or public order or causes incitement to the commission of any criminal offence or prevents investigation of any offence or is insulting any other nation.
25. Is false, inaccurate, or misleading.
26. Directly or indirectly, offers, attempts to offer, trades or attempts to trade-in any item, the dealing of which is prohibited or restricted in any manner under the provisions of any applicable law, rule, regulation or guideline for the time being in force.
27. Creates liability for us or causes us to lose (in whole or in part) the services of our internet service provider or other suppliers.
28. You shall not attempt to gain unauthorized access to any portion or feature of the platform, or any other systems or networks connected to the platform or to any server, computer, network, or to any of the services offered on or through the platform, by hacking, “password mining” or any other illegitimate means.
29. You shall not probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of the platform or any network connected to the platform or breach the security or authentication measures on the platform or any network connected the platform. You may not reverse look-up, trace or seek to trace any information on any other user of or visitor to platform, or any other buyer, including any account on the platform not owned by you, to its source, or exploit the platform or any service or information made available or offered by or through the platform, in any way where the purpose is to reveal any information, including but not limited to personal identification or information, other than your information, as provided for by the platform.
30. You shall not make any negative, denigrating or defamatory statement(s) or comment(s) about us or the brand name or domain name used by us including the name ‘Marcado,’ or otherwise engage in any conduct or action that might tarnish the image or reputation, of Marcado or merchant on platform or otherwise tarnish or dilute any Marcado’s trade or service marks, trade name and goodwill associated with such trade or service marks, as may be owned or used by us. You agree that you will not take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the infrastructure of the platform or Marcado’s systems or networks, or any systems or networks connected to Marcado.
31. From time to time, you shall be responsible for providing information relating to the products or services proposed to be sold by you. In this connection, you undertake that all such information shall be accurate in all respects. You shall not exaggerate or overemphasize the attributes of such products or services to mislead other users in any manner.
33. Your correspondence or business dealings with, or participation in promotions of, advertisers found on or through the platform, including payment and delivery of related products or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such advertiser. We shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of such advertisers on the platform.
34. It is possible that other users (including unauthorized users or ‘hackers’) may post or transmit offensive or obscene materials on the platform and that you may be involuntarily exposed to such offensive and obscene materials. It also is possible for others to obtain personal information about you due to your use of the platform, that the recipient may use such information to harass or injure you. We disapprove of such unauthorized uses. Still, by using the platform, you acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for the use of any personal information that you publicly disclose or share with others on the platform. Please carefully select the type of information that you publicly disclose or share with others on the platform.
35. Marcado shall have all the rights to take necessary action and claim damages that may occur due to your involvement/participation in any way on your own or through group/s of people, intentionally or unintentionally in dos/ddos (distributed denial of services), hacking, pen testing attempts without our prior consent or a mutual legal agreement.
1. Account registration or use of the platform
1. You may access the platform by registering to create an account (“Marcado account”) and become a member (“membership”); or (c) you can also register to join by logging into your account with certain third parties social networking sites (“sns”) (including, but not limited to, face book); each such account, a “third party account,” via our platform, as described below. The membership is limited for the purpose and is subject to the terms, and strictly not transferable. As part of the functionality of the platform services, you may link your Marcado account with third-party accounts, by either:
2. Providing your third-party account login information to us through the platform.
3. Allowing us to access your third-party account, as is permitted under the applicable terms and conditions that govern your use of each third-party account.
4. You represent that you are entitled to disclose your third-party account login information to us and grant us access to your third-party account (including, but not limited to, for use for the purposes described herein), without breach by you of any of the terms and conditions that govern your use of the applicable third-party account and without obligating us to pay any fees or making us subject to any usage limitations imposed by such third party service providers.
5. By granting us access to any third-party accounts, you understand that we will access, make available and store (if applicable) any content or information that you have provided to and stored in your third-party account (“sns content”) so that it is available on and through the platform via your Marcado account.
7. Depending on the third-party accounts, you choose, and subject to the privacy settings that you have set in such third-party accounts, personally identifiable information that you post to your third-party accounts will be available on and through your Marcado account on the platform.
8. Please note that if a third party account or associated service becomes unavailable or our access to such third-party account is terminated by the third party service provider. Sns content will no longer be available on and through the platform.
9. We, will, create your Marcado account for your use of the platform services based upon the personal information you provide to us or that we obtain via an sns, as described above. You may only have one Marcado account and not permitted to create multiple accounts. If found, you having multiple accounts, Marcado reserves right to suspend such multiple account without being liable for any compensation.
10. You agree to provide accurate, current, and complete information during the registration process and update such information to keep it accurate, current and complete.
12. You are responsible for safeguarding your password. You agree that you will not disclose your password to any third party and that you will take sole responsibility for any activities or actions under your Marcado account, whether or not you have authorized such activities or actions. You will immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your Marcado account.
13. Goods and services purchased from the platform are intended for your personal use, a you represent that the same are not for resale or you are not acting as an agent for other parties.
2. Bookings and financial terms
1. The platform allows you to place order bookings, ad we will, subject to the terms and conditions set out herein, enable delivery of such order to you.
3. As a general rule, all orders placed on the platform are treated as confirmed.
4. However, upon your successful completion of booking an order, we may call you on the telephone or mobile number provided to confirm the details of the order, the price to be paid and the estimated delivery time. For this purpose, you will be required to share certain information with us, including but not limited to (i) your first and last name (ii) mobile number; and (iii) email address. It shall be your sole responsibility to bring any incorrect details to our attention.
5. In addition to the preceding, we may also contact you by phone and email to inform and confirm any change in the order, due to availability or unavailability or change in price of the order as informed by the merchant. Please note change or confirmation of the order shall be treated as final. It is clarified that Marcado reserves the right to not to process your order in the event you are unavailable on the phone at the time we call you for confirming the order and such event the provisions of the cancellation and refund policy below shall be applicable.
6. You acknowledge and agree that we act as the merchant’s payment agent for the limited purpose of accepting payments from you on behalf of the merchant. Upon your payment of amounts to us, which are due to the merchant, your payment obligation to the merchant for such amounts is completed, and we are responsible for remitting such amounts, to the merchant. You shall not, under any circumstances whatsoever, make any payment directly to the merchant for order bookings made using the platform.
8. The final tax bill will be issued by the merchant to the buyer along with the order; ad Marcado is merely collecting the payment on behalf of such merchant. All applicable taxes and levies, the rates thereof and the manner of applicability of such taxes on the bill are being charged and determined by the merchant. Marcado holds no responsibility for the legal correctness/validity of the levy of such taxes. The sole responsibility for any legal issue arising on the taxes shall reside with the merchant.
9. The prices reflected on
the platform are determined solely by the merchant and are listed based on
merchant’s information. Very rarely, prices may change at the time of placing
order due to merchant changing the menu price without due intimation and such
change of price are at the sole discretion of the merchant attributing to
various factors beyond control.
Disclaimer: prices on any product(s) as are reflected on the platform may due to some technical issue, typographical error or product information supplied by merchant be incorrectly reflected and in such an event merchant may cancel such your order(s).
10. The merchant shall be solely responsible for any warranty/guarantee of the products sold to the buyers and in no event shall be the responsibility of Marcado.
11. The transaction is bilateral between the merchant and buyer and therefore, Marcado is not liable to charge or deposit any taxes applicable on such transaction.
3. Terms of service
1. You agree and acknowledge that we shall not be responsible for:
0. The services or goods provided by the merchant including, but not limited, serving of orders suiting your requirements and needs.
1. The merchant’s services or goods not being up to your expectations or leading to any loss, harm,, or damage to you.
2. The availability or unavailability of certain items on the menu.
3. The merchant serving the incorrect orders.
2. The details of the menu and price list available on the platform are based on the information provided by the merchants, and we shall not be responsible for any change or cancellation or unavailability.
3. You may not be able to avail our services if your delivery location is outside our current scope of service. We, will, keep you informed of the same at the time of confirming your order booking.
4. You understand that delivery periods quoted to you at the time of confirming the order is an approximate estimate and may vary. We will not be responsible for any delay in the delivery of your order.
5. Your order will be only delivered to the address designated by you at the time of placing the order on the platform. We reserve the right to cancel the order, in our sole discretion, in the event of any change to the place of delivery and you shall not be entitled to any refund for the same. Delivery in the event of change of the delivery location shall be at our sole discretion.
6. You shall undertake to provide adequate directions, information and authorizations to accept delivery. In the event of any failure to accept delivery, failure to deliver within the estimated time due to your failure to provide appropriate instructions, or authorizations, then such goods shall be deemed to have been delivered to you and all risk and responsibility about such goods shall pass to you and you shall not be entitled to any refund for the same. Our decision about this shall be final and binding.
7. You understand that our liability ends once your order has been delivered to you.
8. Services provided:
4. You confirm that we shall not be responsible for any deficiency in payment of consideration payable towards the goods purchased from the services.
3. You might be required to provide your credit or debit card details to the approved payment gateways while making the payment. In this regard, you agree to provide correct and accurate credit/ debit card details to the approved payment gateways for availing the services. You shall not use the credit/ debit card which is not lawfully owned by you, i.e., in any transaction; you must use your own credit/ debit card. The information provided by you will not be utilized or shared with any third parties unless required about fraud verifications or by-law, regulation or court order. You, will, be solely responsible for the security and confidentiality of your credit/ debit card details. We expressly disclaim all liabilities that may arise as a consequence of any unauthorized use of your credit/ debit card.
4. We do not offer any refunds against goods already purchased from the platform unless an error that is directly attributable to us has occurred during the purchase of such product or services.
5. We constantly strive to provide you with accurate information on the platform. However, in the event of an error, we may, in our sole discretion, contact you with further instructions.
6. If you use the platform, you do the same at your own risk.
7. You agree that the services shall be provided by us only during the working hours of the relevant merchants.
5. No endorsement
2. By using the services, you agree that any legal remedy or liability that you seek to obtain for actions or omissions of other members or other third parties will be limited to a claim against the particular members or other third parties. They caused you harm, and you agree not to attempt to impose liability on or seek any legal remedy from us concerning such actions or omissions.
1. Persons who are “incompetent to contract” within the meaning of the Indian contract act, 1872 including minors, un-discharged insolvents etc. Are not eligible to use the platform—only individuals who are 18 years of age or older may use the platform and avail services.
4. You understand and agree that the use of the services does not include the provision of a computer or mobile device or other necessary equipment to access it. You also understand and acknowledge that the use of the platform requires internet connectivity and telecommunication links. You shall bear the costs incurred to access and use the platform and avail the services, and we shall not, under any circumstances whatsoever, be responsible or liable for such costs.
5. You agree and grant permission to Marcado to receive promotional sms and e-mails from Marcado or allied partners.
6. By using the platform, you represent and warrant that:
7. All registration information you submit is truthful, lawful, and accurate and that you agree to maintain the accuracy of such information.
8. Your use of the platform shall be solely for your personal use, and you shall not authorize others to use your account
1. You, will, not submit, post, upload, distribute, or otherwise make available or transmit any content that (a) is defamatory, abusive, harassing, insulting, threatening, or that could be deemed to be stalking or constitute an invasion of a right of privacy of another person; (b) is bigoted, hateful, or racially or otherwise offensive; (c) is violent, vulgar, obscene, pornographic or otherwise sexually explicit; (d) is illegal or encourages or advocates illegal activity or the discussion of illegal activities with the intent to commit them.
2. You will not (a) use any services provided by the platform for commercial purposes of any kind, or (b) advertise or sell any products, services or otherwise (whether or not for profit), or solicit others (including, without limitation, solicitations for contributions or donations) or use any public forum for commercial purposes of any kind. In the event, you want to advertise your product or service contact contact@Marcado.in.
3. You will not use the platform in any way that is unlawful, or harms us or any other person or entity, as determined in our sole discretion.
4. You will not post, submit, upload, distribute, or otherwise transmit or make available any software or other computer files that contain a virus or other harmful component, or otherwise impair or damage the platform or any connected network, or otherwise interfere with any person or entity’s use or enjoyment of the platform.
5. You will not use another person’s username, password or other account information, or another person’s name, likeness, voice, image or photograph or impersonate any person or entity or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or entity.
6. You, will, not engage in any form of antisocial, disrupting, or destructive acts, including “flaming,” “spamming,” “flooding,” “trolling,” and “grieving” as those terms are commonly understood and used on the internet.
7. You, will, not delete or modify any content of the platform, including but not limited to, legal notices, disclaimers or proprietary notices such as copyright or trademark symbols, logos, that you do not own or have express permission to modify.
8. You will not post or contribute any information or data that may be obscene, indecent, pornographic, vulgar, profane, racist, sexist, discriminatory, offensive, derogatory, harmful, harassing, threatening, embarrassing, malicious, abusive, hateful, menacing, defamatory, untrue or political or contrary to our interest.
9. You shall not access the platform without authority or use the platform in a manner that damages, interferes or disrupts:
1. Any part of the platform or the platform software.
2. Any equipment or any network on which the platform is stored or any equipment of any third party
9. Access to the platform, accuracy, and security
1. We Endeavour to make the platform available to during merchant working hours. However, we do not represent that access to the platform will be uninterrupted, timely, error free, free of viruses or other harmful components or that such defects will be corrected.
2. We do not warrant that the platform will be compatible with all hardware and software you may use. We shall not be liable for damage to, or viruses or other code that may effect, any equipment (including but not limited to your mobile device), software, data or other property as a result of your download, installation, access to or use of the platform or you’re obtaining any material from, or as a result of using, the platform. We shall also not be liable for the actions of third parties.
3. We do not represent or warranty that the information available on the platform will be correct, accurate, or otherwise reliable.
4. We reserve the right to suspend or withdraw access to the platform to you personally, or to all users temporarily or permanently at any time without notice. We may any time at our sole discretion reinstate suspended users. A suspended user may not register or attempt to register with us or use the platform in any manner whatsoever until such time that we reinstate such userionship with operators if the platform is accessed on mobile devices
5. In the event the platform is accessed on a mobile device, it is not associated, affiliated, sponsored, endorsed or in any way linked to any platform operator, including, without limitation, apple, Google, android or rim blackberry (each being an “operator”).
6. Your download, installation, access to or use of the platform is also bound by the terms and conditions of the operator.
9. We are solely responsible for providing any maintenance and support services concerning the platform as required under applicable law. You and we acknowledge that an operator has no obligation whatsoever to furnish any maintenance and support services concerning the platform.
10. You and we acknowledge that we, not the relevant operator, are responsible for addressing any claims of you or any third party relating to the platform or your possession and use of the platform, including, but not limited to: (i) any claim that the platform fails to conform to any applicable legal or regulatory requirement; and (ii) claims arising under consumer protection or similar legislation.
11. You and we acknowledge that, in the event of any third party claim that the platform or your possession and use of the platform infringe that third party’s intellectual property rights, we, not the relevant operator, will be solely responsible for the investigation, defense, settlement and discharge of any such intellectual property infringement claim.
12. You must comply with any applicable third party terms of agreement when using the platform (e.g., you must ensure that your use of the platform is not in violation of your mobile device agreement or any wireless data service agreement).
1. The platform may be under constant upgrades, and some functions and features may not be fully operational.
2. Due to the vagaries that can occur in the electronic distribution of information and due, to the limitations inherent in providing information obtained from multiple sources, there may be delays, omissions, or inaccuracies in the content provided on the platform or delay or errors in functionality of the platform. As a result, we do not represent that the information posted is correct in every case.
3. We expressly disclaim all liabilities that may arise as a consequence of any unauthorized use of credit/ debit cards.
4. You acknowledge that third-party services are available on the platform. We may have formed partnerships or alliances with some of these third parties from time to time to facilitate the provision of certain services to you. However, you acknowledge and agree that at no time are we making any representation or warranty regarding any third party’s services nor will we be liable to you or any third party for any consequences or claims arising from or in connection with such third party including, and not limited to, any liability or responsibility for, death, injury or impairment experienced by you or any third party. You at this moment disclaim and waive any rights and claims you may have against us concerning third party’s / merchants services.
5. While the materials provided on the platform were prepared to provide accurate information regarding the subject discussed, the information contained in these materials is being made available with the understanding that we make no guarantees, representations or warranties whatsoever, whether expressed or implied, concerning professional qualifications, expertise, quality of work or other information herein. Further, we do not, in any way, endorse any service offered or described herein. In no event shall we be liable to you or any third party for any decision made or action taken in reliance on such information.
6. We shall not be liable to you or anyone else for any losses or injury arising out of or relating to the information provided on the platform. In no event will we or our employees, affiliates, authors,, or agents be liable to you or any third party for any decision made or action taken by your reliance on the content contained herein.
7. In no event will we be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, damages arising from personal injury/wrongful death, and damages resulting from lost profits, lost data or business interruption), resulting from any services provided by any third party or merchant accessed through the platform, whether based on warranty, contract, tort, or any other legal theory and whether or not we are advised of the possibility of such damages.
11. Intellectual property
1. We are either the owner of intellectual property rights or have the non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sub-licensable (through multiple tiers) right to exercise the intellectual property, in the platform, and in the material published on it.
2. You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from the platform for your reference and you may draw the attention of others within your organization to material available on the platform.
3. You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
4. You must not use any part of the materials on the platform for commercial purposes without obtaining a license to do so from us or our licensors.
12. Treatment of the information provided by you
13. Third-party content
you shall not assign or transfer or purport to assign or transfer the contract between you and us to any other person.